WISE photometry of sources in the SDSS catalogs
There are three versions of the catalogs:
- Uses the catalog from the SDSS-DR10 release. This is the version described in Lang, Hogg & Schlegel (2016).
- Uses the catalog from the SDSS-DR13 release (which was still private to the SDSS collaboration at the time the paper was published).
- The version used for targeting of the SDSS-IV/eBOSS survey, like sdss-dr13 but with only W1/W2.
Code can be found here: https://github.com/dstndstn/unwise-sdss-phot.
- A table of SDSS fields for which forced photometry exists.
- A table of WISE coadd tiles for which forced photometry exists.
- SDSS DR10 spectra matched to our WISE photomtery. This is the DR10 specObj file augmented with our sdss-dr10d photometry for matching rows.
- Our WISE photometry results, in files that are row-by-row parallel to the SDSS DR10 photoObj files. The directory structure follows the same pattern too:
- Our WISE photometry results, in files corresponding to WISE coadd tiles. These include SDSS sources within the tile, plus a margin. The same SDSS object may appear in multiple tiles. The filename is based on the WISE tile name, which encodes an approximate RA, Dec center;
phot-RRRR[pm]DDD.fits is the tile centered at roughly
RRR.R degrees RA,
DD.D degrees Dec.
- "I just want RA,Dec, and the SDSS and WISE SEDs." Reasonable enough request! See the description below for details.
- Checksums for all files. Pro tip: you could edit this file to produce a "wget" script, if you were so inclined.
- Same as for sdss-dr10d. The equivalent of
sdss-dr10d-tiles.fits is named
- SDSS DR12 spectroscopy matched to our sdss-dr13 results.
See Appendix A of Lang, Hogg & Schlegel (2016) for a description of the catalog contents.
The SED tables, one per SDSS run+camcol, contain
Where "pointsource" = SDSS point source or treated_as_pointsource, "sdss_flux" = SDSS PSF flux for "pointsource" objects, "cmodelflux" otherwise.